From 10/22/2012 to 11/20/2012
- 07:17 PM Presentation on Nightshade scripting at AMPAC next week.
- Friday, November 24th at the Mexican Association of Planetariums meeting (AMPAC), Ing. José Antonio Villalón C. will ...
- 07:11 PM Task #1755: Icon issues
- Checkbox widget added to Vanilla theme and checked in.
- 05:45 PM Task #1754 (Resolved): Take screenshot for splash screen
- Decided to go with 16:9 aspect. Trystan has graphic.
- 05:43 PM Task #1751: Enhanced data sets for Earth and Mars surfaces
- Plan is to use Blue Marble data set for Earth down to level 3 for PR1. Other osgEarth bodies are also set to level 3...
- 12:46 AM Bug #1726 (Resolved): Turning off Atmosphere does not disable atmosphere when inside it
- This was a bug introduced by having an unintended duplicate traverse call in the osgEarth wrapper. Removing it should...
- 12:44 AM Bug #1736 (Resolved): Moon and Europa do not exist during FoV zooms
- 10:28 PM Bug #1735: FoV zoom on earth gives bizarre lattice of light
- Found a solution but still working out the details. The problem is due to numerical instability in the atmosphere sha...
- 06:55 PM Bug #1759 (Closed): Sun halo inside atmosphere is square
- Regression on last commit.
- 06:47 PM Feature #1758: Add support for KML
- I see osgEarth has some KML support, but no documentation that I can find.
- 06:36 PM Feature #1758 (New): Add support for KML
- Will make it easier to label terrestrial locations, show GIS related data, etc.
Possible OSS library to use: http:...
- 04:25 PM Feature #1711: Clouds for Earth
- Found a good site for cloud maps: http://xplanet.sourceforge.net/clouds.php
- 12:54 AM Feature #1083: Splash screen & loading bar
- Some notes on this while I'm thinking about it. Since NS12 is already opening up a temporary graphics context to chec...
- 10:50 PM Bug #1757 (New): Mouse controls need to get more refined as get closer to a body surface or is ju...
- Tested using IPS test data on Earth. Altitude changes in only a handful of increments, not enough to fine tune posit...
- 10:33 PM Bug #1735 (In Progress): FoV zoom on earth gives bizarre lattice of light
- 10:31 PM Bug #1374 (Resolved): Atmosphere shader precision issues on large FOV zoom
- Updated the build to work with osgEarth 2.3 so we now have their fix to show LOD0 at extreme distances. osgEarth inst...
- 10:13 PM Bug #1756 (New): Mountain tops can get cut off at low viewing altitudes
- With IPS test data set this is consistent.
- 02:26 AM Feature #1666 (Resolved): osgEarth performance near terrain
- Removed one scene and draw pass by placing the sun light occlusion map on the main pass (via MRT). This is about as g...
- Older Windows version for older hardware
- Older version that works on older hardware
- 12:56 AM Feature #1721 (Resolved): Default config directory and files should be (re)created as necessary a...
- It was actually this way all the time. It had just been so long since I looked at that part of the code, I wasn't sur...
- 12:53 AM Bug #1749 (Resolved): Pressing the S key brings up the performance metrics. Should unbind them f...
- This is a built-in OSG feature so can't easily bind to another key, will no longer check-in to mainline with it enabl...
- 12:50 AM Bug #1743 (Resolved): Double clicking objects sometimes causes you to fly to them, sometimes not.
- Disabled until we have time to think the feature through better.
- 07:12 PM Bug #1743: Double clicking objects sometimes causes you to fly to them, sometimes not.
- Disable double click feature.
- 12:47 AM Bug #1706 (Resolved): config.lua is not recreated when missing
- 12:28 AM Bug #1752 (Resolved): If adjust view direction the lat/lon control axes for mouse rotate, and sho...
- 07:48 PM Bug #1752 (Closed): If adjust view direction the lat/lon control axes for mouse rotate, and shoul...
- 11:48 PM Feature #1670 (Resolved): Platform detection
- Diagnostic info is printed to console or log if redirected. On Windows systems a dialog will be displayed stating "It...
- 08:11 PM Task #1755 (Closed): Icon issues
- Need grayscale icons and missing a shutdown icon?
Also need checkbox in checked and unchecked state.
- 08:06 PM Task #1754 (Closed): Take screenshot for splash screen
Also figure out what text needs to appear.
- 08:00 PM Task #1753 (Closed): Add credits and license information to README file
- Includes code and data.
- 07:45 PM Task #1751 (Closed): Enhanced data sets for Earth and Mars surfaces
- 07:37 PM Bug #1700 (Closed): bzr updates require ~1GB download for much less data than that.
- 07:33 PM Bug #1714 (New): Regular star halo and atmosphere star halo are not matching up in size or appear...
- 07:32 PM Bug #1714 (Resolved): Regular star halo and atmosphere star halo are not matching up in size or a...
- 07:33 PM Bug #1713 (New): Get stuck outside solar system and can't see the planet orbit lines
- 07:32 PM Bug #1713 (Resolved): Get stuck outside solar system and can't see the planet orbit lines
- 07:29 PM Bug #1718 (Resolved): Some planets stop drawing when between observer and Sun
- 07:28 PM Feature #1722: CEGUI.log should be off by default (?) and set for a standard tmp directory.
- Console should be redirected to log file.
OSG and CEGUI messages should go to same log file.
Log file should be wri...
- 07:17 PM Bug #1736: Moon and Europa do not exist during FoV zooms
- Requires building with osgEarth from trunk with our requested bug fix in it. Note: Europa.osgb missing!
- 07:11 PM Bug #1741: Shadows flicker on Saturn's poles and heavily on the terminator lines for Pluto, Neptune.
- Disable shadow reception on moons, and all planets except Saturn and Jupiter until PR-2 when improve shadow algorithm.
- 12:21 AM Feature #1670 (In Progress): Platform detection
- 10:10 PM Feature #801: Cardinal Points should turn off after a certain altitude. Consider having them bou...
- Moving cardinal points to PR2
- 10:10 PM Feature #1090: Cardinal points
- Moving cardinal points to PR2
- 10:04 PM Bug #1673 (Resolved): Enforce +/- 1M year limits
- 08:58 PM Bug #1716 (Resolved): Axis reversed on yaw-pitch-roll control as compared to NS11
- This is implemented, although I do need a set of checkbox icons (on/off states) at some point. Currently reusing the ...
- 05:20 PM Bug #1750 (Closed): Small close box at top right of help and settings dialog boxes does not close...
- 05:18 PM Bug #1741: Shadows flicker on Saturn's poles and heavily on the terminator lines for Pluto, Neptune.
- Also noticing a slight issue with the shadow on Deimos.
- 05:15 PM Bug #1749 (Closed): Pressing the S key brings up the performance metrics. Should unbind them from S
- 12:40 AM Feature #1102 (Resolved): GUI Elements
- 12:21 AM Feature #1103 (Resolved): Help dialog
- The implementation of this feature also sets us up nicely for user defined keymaps. Note, for the time being I had to...
- 05:28 PM Bug #1745: Milky Way drawing in the 3D star mode and SDSS mode
- Well, that gets more into what Uniview does which is fade to the model. Until we have a model, it'll be hard to dete...
- 05:26 PM Bug #1745: Milky Way drawing in the 3D star mode and SDSS mode
- So the milkyway would just disappear? Not very realistic.
- 05:25 PM Bug #1745: Milky Way drawing in the 3D star mode and SDSS mode
- The reason I question it being drawn in the 3D star scene is that with the huge amounts of parallax involved, it's ve...
- 05:23 PM Bug #1745: Milky Way drawing in the 3D star mode and SDSS mode
- Milkyway should indeed draw in 3d star scene. But in SDSS scene it would be drawn as a galaxy model, not a spherical...
- 05:09 PM Bug #1745 (Closed): Milky Way drawing in the 3D star mode and SDSS mode
- Should it draw in the 3D star mode? It should not draw at all in SDSS data.
- 05:20 PM Bug #1748 (Closed): Second reticle always visible 180 degrees away from object that you have sele...
- Second reticle shows up both in 3D star field and solar system.
- 05:19 PM Bug #1747 (Closed): In 3D stars, reticle does not stay on selected object when panning the sky un...
- The reticle seems to lag behind your movements
- 05:11 PM Bug #1746: Cannot reenter 3D stars once out in SDSS space
- As soon as I enter the SDSS scene, I get the following errors (may or may not be related):
- 05:10 PM Bug #1746 (New): Cannot reenter 3D stars once out in SDSS space
- 05:06 PM Bug #1744 (Closed): Selecting an object and then backing out of the solar system causes "solarSys...
- Same can happen for milkway.osgb, although I can't replicate it at the moment.
- 05:05 PM Bug #1743 (Closed): Double clicking objects sometimes causes you to fly to them, sometimes not.
- When doubleclicking stars, it won't take you out of the scene into the star scene, and it freezes things for several ...
- 04:59 PM Bug #1742 (Closed): Double Sun: The farther you get away from the sun, the more separated you can...
- Fly to Earth and look at the Sun (don't enter the atmosphere). You can see some separation of two sun halos. Fly to...
- 04:56 PM Bug #1741 (Closed): Shadows flicker on Saturn's poles and heavily on the terminator lines for Plu...
- Initially I thought it to be a clipping issue the farther you get from the Sun. Venus and Jupiter have no problems, ...
- 04:22 PM Bug #1740 (Closed): Jupiter: Moons: Some of the inner moons are showing retrograde orbital motion...
- 03:56 PM Bug #1739: When tracking an object, it should appear as it would on an equatorial mount
- It should only happen when you are in geocentric orbit around the body, I think
- 03:48 PM Bug #1739: When tracking an object, it should appear as it would on an equatorial mount
- I changed the subject to use the correct terms.
Are we sure this always makes sense? It would seem strange duri...
- 03:32 PM Bug #1739 (New): When tracking an object, it should appear as it would on an equatorial mount
- This prevents field rotation and ensures that objects remain in a single orientation
- 03:27 PM Bug #1738 (Closed): Search text should be cleared out when find window is closed
- User should not have to delete the previous search manually.
- 03:24 PM Feature #1737 (New): Azimuthal mount for viewing the night sky to allow people so simulate what t...
- 03:13 PM Bug #1735: FoV zoom on earth gives bizarre lattice of light
- Toggling the atmosphere button does not alter the effect.
- 03:12 PM Bug #1735: FoV zoom on earth gives bizarre lattice of light
- Mars does this as well. Probably an issue with the Atmosphere shader.
- 03:08 PM Bug #1735 (Closed): FoV zoom on earth gives bizarre lattice of light
- Start NS12. Find Earth. FoV zoom on Earth.
- 03:11 PM Bug #1736 (Closed): Moon and Europa do not exist during FoV zooms
- It appears that no OSGEarth instances exist during FoV zooms.
- 03:05 PM Bug #1734 (Closed): Searching often does not properly find the object you're looking for until yo...
- Open the find dialog. Quickly enter Jupit. Sometimes, it does not prefill Jupiter or will fill it with Jupititer. ...
- 03:04 PM Bug #1733 (Closed): Selecting objects using the find dialog often selects HP: 1 instead of search...
- 03:02 PM Bug #1727: Find: When an object is selected through the find command, it should be tracked
- It should track the object but not follow it in 3d space. In other words, the observer's position is not affected, j...
- 08:30 PM Bug #1727 (Closed): Find: When an object is selected through the find command, it should be tracked
- 09:57 PM Bug #1732 (Closed): Mars magnitude too high
- NS12 registering mars aat a mag -0.11389. NS11 indicates magnitude +1.44. Wolfram Alpha says +1.23
- 09:50 PM Bug #1731 (Closed): Info Display not showing proper digits for parity
- Magnitude should be 2 dec places. RA/DEC and ALT/AZ are correct. Distance should be out to 8 dec places.
- 09:46 PM Bug #1730 (Closed): Sun magnitude readout roughly half of what it should be from Earth
- Flyto earth. Moveto current lat lon and altitude within earth atmosphere. Find sun. Readout indicates about -13.81...
- 09:09 PM Bug #1729 (Request Feedback): Sun shader also brightens the milky way
- Fly to a star. Move around the star so that the milky way comes into view. The milky way brightens significantly wh...
- 09:05 PM Bug #1728 (Closed): Planets "flash" off and on when approaching them
- Seems like there isn't enough of an overlay with the near-far cameras or something. It's only one flash, but it happ...
- 08:25 PM Bug #1726 (Closed): Turning off Atmosphere does not disable atmosphere when inside it
- Flyto earth. Turn off atmosphere. Part of earth's atmosphere is disabled, but halo still exists. Moveto Alt 0.01. ...
- 08:12 PM Bug #1725 (Closed): Azimuthal grid lags behind solar system scene when clicking and dragging screen.
- Flyto earth. Turn on Azimuthal grid. Left click and drag screen side to side. Azimuthal grid lags behind the rest ...
- 08:08 PM Bug #1714: Regular star halo and atmosphere star halo are not matching up in size or appearance
- They are also not matching up in location.
- 03:53 AM Feature #1103 (In Progress): Help dialog
- Auto-generated help content working. Just needs formatting/ordering TLC.
- 07:26 PM Feature #1666 (In Progress): osgEarth performance near terrain
- Part of this is sub-dividing too soon. Rolled back the change for IPS to subdivide earlier. We just don't have the cy...
- 06:10 PM Bug #1724 (Resolved): Install proces does not install CEGUI/imagesets/TaharezLook.* which is requ...
- On private branch that will be merged to mainline in another day or so.
- 11:07 PM Bug #1724 (Closed): Install proces does not install CEGUI/imagesets/TaharezLook.* which is requir...
- Error on console is: CEGUI/imagesets/TaharezLook.imageset does not exist
- 12:59 AM Feature #1091 (Resolved): Milkyway texture
- The milkyway texture is integrated and drawing in the desired order. Just wrapping up regressions for the re-factorin...
- 01:04 AM Bug #1723: Fullscreen mode should use native display resolution rather than config setting screen...
- The only difference between full screen and windowed as far as OSG in concerned on the X11 platform is window decorat...
- 12:49 AM Bug #1723: Fullscreen mode should use native display resolution rather than config setting screen...
- It makes sense to me that fullscreen mode would run across a twinview setup. If someone doesn't want that they just ...
- 12:22 AM Bug #1723: Fullscreen mode should use native display resolution rather than config setting screen...
- That causes problems on twinview and similarly configured systems (it was that way initially). Native resolution is r...
- 10:53 PM Bug #1723 (Closed): Fullscreen mode should use native display resolution rather than config setti...
- Alternatively, there could be a config setting or value that says "use the current display resolution."
Having a p...
- 10:07 PM Feature #1721: Default config directory and files should be (re)created as necessary at startup
- It looks like this currently does happen, but only if the .nightshade12 directory is completely missing.
- 09:37 PM Feature #1721 (Closed): Default config directory and files should be (re)created as necessary at ...
- When installing from a package on a multiuser system, the default .nightshade12 directory files need to exist in the ...
- 09:37 PM Feature #1722 (New): CEGUI.log should be off by default (?) and set for a standard tmp directory.
- Longer term could/should be merged with OSG log.
- 05:24 PM Bug #1717: Moon shadows disappear as get closer to planet
- Actually, the texture size doesn't play into this much. It's really just the additional passes that are getting ugly....
- 05:10 PM Bug #1717: Moon shadows disappear as get closer to planet
- Yep, tried to cheat here and I guess it's not going to work ;) To get high quality shadows the map is big, 4k texture...
- 04:49 PM Bug #1719 (New): Should be able to see Sun spots when close to sun or zoom in on Sun
- 04:44 PM Bug #1718 (Closed): Some planets stop drawing when between observer and Sun
- Fly to Uranus, go a distance away so it is about 30 pixels in diameter on screen. Change your lat/lon until the Sun ...
- 04:39 PM Bug #1717 (Closed): Moon shadows disappear as get closer to planet
- Go to Jupiter, follow from the sunny side, speed up time until a moon shadow is visible. Now get closer to the plane...
- 11:59 PM Feature #1091: Milkyway texture
- Implementing this revealed a minor side tangent I need to address, which is rejiggering the scene structure. The way ...
- 10:15 PM Feature #1698 (Resolved): Saturn and Uranus rings
- A couple issues remain but they can be triaged and addressed in the bug-fix phase. Overall, it's looking pretty good ...
- 04:42 PM Bug #1716 (Closed): Axis reversed on yaw-pitch-roll control as compared to NS11
- Make configurable but match NS11 by default. (For LBUTTON mouse drag control).
- 02:21 AM Feature #1698: Saturn and Uranus rings
- Also, the comment regarding how the shadow pass cameras are positioned changed and may change again. Currently, the s...
- 02:15 AM Feature #1698: Saturn and Uranus rings
- Hard shadows are 'working' but need bug fixes and cleanup. There are a number of artifacts occurring with them right ...
- 08:11 PM Feature #1670: Platform detection
- Starting to keep track of known extensions needed here;
-Minimum GLSL version is currently 1.30 due to use of textur...
- 06:15 PM Task #1715 (New): Migrate NS12 to Forward Compatible OpenGL context
- This involves instantiating an OpenGL context that drops the deprecated features of OpenGL and uses only the 3.0+ pro...
Also available in: Atom