From 04/19/2013 to 05/18/2013
- 03:00 pm Task #1077 (Resolved): Constellation rendering
- 01:35 pm Task #1077: Constellation rendering
- Actually the inconsistencies are not so terrible, just a little confusing. Some sections of code reference stars by h...
- 11:30 am Task #1077: Constellation rendering
- Hit a snag on individual constellation selection / picking. There are inconsistencies in how stars are indexed betwee...
- 04:35 pm Task #1077: Constellation rendering
- Labels code complete and working. Just need to implement individual constellation selection/deselection and add a CEG...
- 09:45 am Feature #1851 (New): Fade the lines of the constellation near all vertex stars
- Both in 3D scene and 2D scene. Fading looks more professional than simply shortening the line.
Try a percentage o...
- 12:34 pm Task #1077: Constellation rendering
- Most constellations lines are working (I see a problem with one or two on western culture ... extra lines). Flushing ...
- 01:43 pm Task #1077: Constellation rendering
- Capturing some design decisions on this. The endpoints of constellation lines of course change with the proper motion...
- 05:43 pm Task #1077: Constellation rendering
- Building constellation line geometry in progress.
- 03:15 pm Task #1076 (Resolved): Sky culture integration
- 04:55 pm Task #1076 (In Progress): Sky culture integration
- 04:55 pm Task #1077 (In Progress): Constellation rendering
- 04:54 pm Task #1076 (Resolved): Sky culture integration
- High level integration fairly well hammered out. Current focus is on implementation of migration all sky culture data...
- 09:44 am Task #1079: Constellation artwork rendering
- Do not tie artwork to proper motion.
- 06:03 pm Task #1076: Sky culture integration
- StratoScript supports loading a sky culture from a directory in the Legacy file formats. Would be good to keep this ...
- 04:34 pm Task #1076: Sky culture integration
- Extended DB schema to accommodate sky culture data (art will not go in DB). Script to import existing sky_culture and...
- 03:24 pm Bug #1850 (New): Star selection problems
- I have trouble selecting many stars, such as 10 Aur, with the mouse. It seems consistent which work and which do not...
- 03:22 pm Bug #1849 (New): Star labels: some labels are drawing for dim stars beyond label magnitude cutoff
- Turn magnitude cutoff down to smallest magnitude. Some very dim stars are still labelled, such as 41_Ori_D.
- 03:18 pm Bug #1848 (New): Star labels: scientific names in wrong format
- Should be: [Greek letter OR number] [space] [constellation abbreviation]
All underscores should become spaces in t...
- 02:52 pm Feature #1094: Star labels
- Yes please, that should be a separate issue. Currently, the names are being printed exactly as they appear in the dat...
- 02:41 pm Feature #1094: Star labels
- Looking good. However, scientific names should print as: greek letter [or if none then just the number] [space] cons...
- 02:29 pm Task #1076 (In Progress): Sky culture integration
- 02:29 pm Task #1075 (In Progress): Constellations, sky cultures
- 02:27 pm Task #1093 (Resolved): Labels
- 02:26 pm Feature #1096 (Resolved): Design general approach to labels
- We can decide exactly what options to expose, and where, during bug fix phase for this release. Exposing through the ...
- 02:23 pm Feature #1095 (Resolved): Body labels
- 02:09 pm Feature #1094 (Resolved): Star labels
- Feature merged to default branch. Although not explicitly called out, the labels will dynamically turn on/off when mo...
- 03:23 pm Feature #1094: Star labels
- Looks like this approach is going to work. Can go to limiting mag of 4.5 or so before FPS drops below 30. Seems compa...
- 02:39 pm Task #1846 (New): Testing PR4
- 02:32 pm Feature #1695: Moon-shine (moon brightens the atmosphere when visible)
- Two use cases:
In atmosphere, the moon brightens the atmosphere, increasing light pollution
Above earth-moon syst...
- 02:24 pm Feature #1829: Implement asteroids as point sprites (more or less)
- Also satellites.
People currently do this through a script.
Data would be pacakged through Open Scene Graph fil...
- 02:13 pm Task #1845 (New): Testing PR3
- 02:11 pm Task #1844 (New): Refit fisheye implementation for features added in previous PRs
- 02:08 pm Feature #1090: Cardinal points
- Note: labels are localized
- 01:52 pm Task #1843 (New): Testing PR2
- 01:49 pm Bug #1799: Mars is too pale in color
- Verify version used in NSNG.
- 01:30 pm Feature #1842 (New): GUI localization support
- CEGUI i18n support?
- 01:28 pm Feature #1100: Localization support
- Needs: Labels and TUI need localization most (not desktop)
- 09:27 am Feature #1094: Star labels
- Current thinking is these will be a completely separate node/class on the scene graph (i.e. LabeledStars). The DB can...
- 03:40 pm Feature #1094 (In Progress): Star labels
- 09:30 am Feature #1095: Body labels
- Body labels complete. Tracking down a regression due to scene graph changes described above.
- 03:54 pm Feature #1095: Body labels
- Label's are properly billboarded now. Just need to add 'auto-scaling' to keep them a consistent size.
- 02:37 pm Feature #1095: Body labels
- I suppose that could work. But I don't think it's any easier than what I'm doing, which is to send a visitor object d...
- 02:22 pm Feature #1095: Body labels
- Is serializing the text as a texture for billboarding an option?
- 02:03 pm Feature #1095: Body labels
- Working though some unexpected architectural issues, namely that osgPango nodes can't be serialized. Thus labels can'...
Also available in: Atom