From 06/26/2014 to 07/25/2014
- 05:01 pm Task #1990 (In Progress): Add galaxy scene in for volumetric milky way integration work
- Added and working but transition needs tweaking (volumetric 'pops' into existence, also milkyway texture remains pres...
- 01:43 pm Bug #2212 (New): When fly to body, body north pole is not usually "up" on screen
- Repro: Fly to a body, change lat/lon, fly again, see problem.
- 01:36 pm Feature #2211 (New): Scripted text should support user defined colors and fonts
- Color should be specified in text setup command.
Ideally a user can specify a font TTF file to dynamically load an...
- 01:33 pm Feature #2210 (New): Text labels should be defined in terms of angular size
- Angular height of a line of text should be defined for a given label. This way text labels will be consistent across...
- 12:10 pm Bug #2107 (Request Feedback): osgEarth bodies have polar artifacts
- A bug has been filed. I'm working on getting Jason an example .earth file. You typically cannot see this issue in t...
- 05:12 pm Bug #2184 (Resolved): 3D star bounding volumes do not match drawn radii
- For now, just explicitly setting a callback that returns known model space radius of 3D star geometry. Also increased...
- 04:55 pm Bug #2184: 3D star bounding volumes do not match drawn radii
- Further investigation showed this is actually not a precision issue (it may account for some error but not as much as...
- 10:58 am Bug #2184 (In Progress): 3D star bounding volumes do not match drawn radii
- This is a precision issue since, by default, osg uses single precision bounding volumes. The problem is particularly ...
- 09:03 am Bug #2107: osgEarth bodies have polar artifacts
- Did any bug get filed yet on this yet?
- 03:47 pm Bug #2208 (New): Moveto roll script parameter breaks NG inside the solar system and causes odd pe...
# Start NG
# Fly to a body in the solar system (Sun and Earth tested)
# Open scripting HUD
# Enter "moveto...
- 09:20 am Bug #2207 (New): Left Ctrl + backtick not bringing up the scripting HUD in Windows 8
- Reported by Raul. Arthur to investigate. Ensured that Raul was using a fresh config.lua.
- 09:19 am Bug #2206 (New): Help screen shows blank under Windows 8
- Raul reports that on his new Windows 8 laptop, PR3's help screen is completely blank of any text. I had him delete h...
- 04:21 pm Bug #2205 (New): Flagging off date in the config.lua file causes Nightshade to segfault on boot
# Edit config.lua and set gui: flag_show_date to flase
# Save and start NightshadeNG
Result: crash with t...
- 10:14 am Bug #2204: Transition from daylight to night with atmosphere on causes terrain to flicker in and ...
- Sorry, thought title and image were enough.
# Enable high resolution topographical map
# Fly to Earth
- 10:08 am Bug #2204: Transition from daylight to night with atmosphere on causes terrain to flicker in and ...
- What is a repro case?
- 10:06 am Bug #2204 (New): Transition from daylight to night with atmosphere on causes terrain to flicker i...
- Hopefully will be resolved with the blending rework. Currently makes sunsets and sunrises ugly during the transition...
- 04:41 pm Bug #2200 (New): Media image and video meshes need to be concave mashes rather than planar meshes
- May be able to leverage instancing strategies similar to orbit lines to generate fast mesh vertices.
- 01:18 pm Feature #2199 (New): Add roll control to gamepad
- Try one of the joysticks while it is depressed as the control.
Unclear what axis should be in FE. Vector between ...
- 12:57 pm Bug #2198 (New): Sun halo is wrong shape in FE mode
- More apparent with an elongated window.
- 12:55 pm Bug #2197 (New): Extra 3D star in solar system
- Could be trying to fly to a star with no 3D instance (no distance info)?
- 12:53 pm Feature #2196 (New): Lat/lon gamepad and mouse control should work in body coordinates
- In other words, "up" moves in North direction. Would be preferable to continue motion past a pole rather than just s...
- 03:17 pm Feature #1080 (Resolved): Media loading and manipulation
- Remaining tasks tracked under #1847.
- 08:35 am Bug #2125 (Closed): Somehow left joystick and get mapped to cursor movement
- This does not happen on actual XBox 360 controllers. I believe this was a mode issue switching between XBox360 and P...
- 08:32 am Bug #2131 (Closed): After a while of using the gamepad, the camera control joystick can become in...
- I believe this is a dupe of #2123
- 08:31 am Task #2048 (Closed): Testing PR3
- 08:28 am Bug #2192 (New): Nightshade NG runs considerably faster in the Solar System on WINE (under Linux)...
# Start NG under Linux using standard community datasets
# Turn on Frame Rate display
# Navigate throughout...
- 08:16 am Bug #2107: osgEarth bodies have polar artifacts
- Arthur, can you open a bug dialog with osgEarth team?
- 08:12 am Task #2180 (Closed): Need to collect source URLs for PR3 Windows build
- 08:07 am Bug #2189: Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the field ...
- I don't think there is any doubt this is a bug except I haven't seen it. It would just help to have a better descrip...
- 08:01 am Bug #2189: Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the field ...
- Requires verification that this is a bug
- 07:59 am Bug #2189: Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the field ...
- But what if the star was right next to you but just had no 3D instance
- 07:57 am Bug #2189: Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the field ...
- No star would have >90 degrees of parallax at ~1ly distance from earth over the course of a fraction of a ly and then...
- 07:56 am Feature #2187: User configurable gamepad buttons and joysticks
- Sorry, I still don't know what this feature is. It needs a minimum
description of what you meant when you entered it.
- 07:53 am Bug #2190: Saving user settings within Nightshade overrides a user's "windowed" settings in the c...
- Added description
- 07:53 am Bug #2189: Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the field ...
- What I meant was, how do you know it wasn't a real star that was
supposed to be there?
- 07:48 am Bug #2190: Saving user settings within Nightshade overrides a user's "windowed" settings in the c...
- Can you be more precise?
- 07:46 am Feature #2187: User configurable gamepad buttons and joysticks
- This was opened as a result of a closure of another task (added in the related task field).
Spec on this will need...
- 07:44 am Task #2191 (New): Re-enable lunar orbit updates once performance issues resolved
- 07:43 am Bug #2189: Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the field ...
- I don't, which is exactly why the word "star" is in quotes. Star was the best descriptor I could come up with to con...
- 07:34 am Bug #2189: Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the field ...
- How do you know it's an errant star?
- 07:27 am Feature #2187: User configurable gamepad buttons and joysticks
- Please describe this feature.
- 05:31 pm Bug #2024 (Closed): Tracking update needs to happen directly after all body position updates are ...
- 05:30 pm Bug #2009 (Closed): Earth precession not working
- tested against precession circle. Also tested equatorial grid precessing against J2000 grid.
- 05:27 pm Bug #1926 (Closed): If atmosphere not initialized at startup, cannot view atmosphere from inside ...
- 05:17 pm Feature #1663 (Closed): Save/Load user settings
- 05:16 pm Bug #2190 (New): Saving user settings within Nightshade overrides a user's "windowed" settings in...
- Repro case:
# Edit your config.lua file and change Video:screen0:fullscreen from true to false. Change video:scre...
- 05:15 pm Bug #1291 (Closed): Extend orbit lines implementation to recalculate ephemeris orbit lines occasi...
- 05:14 pm Bug #2004 (Closed): Cleanup shadow implementation for upcoming demo
- 05:14 pm Bug #2005 (Closed): Regression: Accumulation buffer (trails effect) should only affect stars, pla...
- 05:13 pm Bug #2018 (Closed): Flying mode can go into loop
- 05:12 pm Bug #2022 (Closed): Center for Sun halo shader is incorrect in FE mode
- 05:11 pm Feature #2025 (Closed): 8 planets should be hooked up to use improved VSOP87 module from NS Legacy
- 05:11 pm Task #2026 (Closed): Calculate Earth and Moon positions relative to EMB
- 05:11 pm Task #2027 (Closed): Hook up grids and lines to FaderSwitch
- 05:10 pm Task #2037 (Closed): Revert to old shadow strategy for rings only
- 05:10 pm Task #2038 (Closed): Integrate FXAA
- 05:09 pm Bug #2041 (Closed): Regression: constellation art transparency/fading gone
- 05:08 pm Feature #2042 (Closed): Implement orbit line 'filtering'
- 05:08 pm Bug #2043 (Closed): EMB replaced label for Earth
- 05:07 pm Bug #2044 (Closed): Regression: Text labels have solid black edge artifacts on glyphs
- 05:07 pm Bug #2054 (Closed): Underscore character is not accepted in script pane
- 05:06 pm Bug #2055 (Closed): Saturn rings do not have a shadow on them from planet in FE mode
- 05:06 pm Task #2098 (Closed): Temporarily disable lunar orbit line updates for PR3
- Definitely disabled as moon no longer tracks along its orbit line.
- 05:03 pm Bug #2159 (Closed): Regression - Cannot reenter solar system after leaving via mouse or gamepad d...
- 05:00 pm Task #1751 (Closed): Enhanced data sets for Earth and Mars surfaces
- 05:00 pm Task #1774 (Closed): Add explanatory text to options screens
- 04:59 pm Bug #1803 (Closed): Centered object does not stay centered when time is advanced
- 04:59 pm Bug #1905 (Closed): Planet text gets clipped when you get closer to the planet (seems to stay a s...
- 04:58 pm Bug #1907 (Closed): Reticle selecting star wanders when speeding up time while following a planet...
- 04:57 pm Bug #1910 (Closed): When selecting stars within the solar system, reticle randomly double-jumps f...
- 04:57 pm Bug #1922 (Closed): Unable to enter and character that requires "shift" modifier in find dialog o...
- 04:57 pm Bug #1923 (Closed): Labels are not properly affected by FoV zoom (they end up scaling very large ...
- 04:56 pm Task #1925 (Closed): Change .earth files to use first_lod instruction for better quality anywhere...
- 04:55 pm Bug #1931 (Closed): Earth atmosphere scintillates when fov zoomed on the earth from far away
- 04:55 pm Bug #1937 (Closed): Planet orbits can take up to 2 seconds to reappear when reentering the solar ...
- 04:55 pm Bug #1941 (Closed): When flying to HP8890, observer flies past the star's halo
- 04:52 pm Bug #1947 (Closed): Once the camera has panned in the 3D star field, it no longer matches up with...
- 04:52 pm Bug #1951 (Closed): Planet labels draw behind planet shadows even if moon is in front of the planet
- 04:50 pm Bug #1958 (Closed): Can not land on Io
- 04:50 pm Bug #1960 (Closed): Speeding up time around a star causes it to pulse and move away from the obse...
- 04:49 pm Bug #1962 (Closed): Ruchbah splits into two stars in 3D star field when speeding up time.
- 04:48 pm Bug #1967 (Closed): Transparency of rings does not work where the shadow volume intersects
- Shadows being revisited later.
- 04:48 pm Bug #1969 (Closed): General Grid and Line cleanup
- 04:48 pm Bug #1972 (Closed): Turn off atmosphere a bit sooner for Earth or Mars to avoid atmospheric scint...
- Need fallback atmosphere, but that is tracked elsewhere.
- 04:47 pm Bug #1973 (Closed): Reticle should hide when body is large in field of view
- 04:47 pm Feature #1978 (Closed): Lunar eclipse should apply red tint to the moon
- Red tint applied. Lunar eclipse still broken when viewing from off-angles, but we're refactoring shadows in a later ...
- 04:45 pm Bug #1984 (Closed): Regression on osgEarth instances with no atmosphere
- 04:45 pm Bug #1985 (Closed): osgEarth bodies have improper shadowing when viewed with large FoV zoom
- 04:44 pm Bug #1986 (Closed): Unable to perform a moveto while still in a set home_planet command
- 04:42 pm Bug #1995 (Closed): CPU/update pass perf bottleneck
- Still CPU bound in SS, but better than it was
- 04:42 pm Bug #1997 (Closed): Milkyway texturing issues
- 04:42 pm Bug #1999 (Closed): Grid and line labels should be easier to read (spacing) and not zoom with fov.
- 04:41 pm Bug #2000 (Closed): Once untrack anchored object can not track again (unless use Find window)
- 04:40 pm Bug #2002 (Closed): Clipping and normal artifacts on osgEarth instances and atmosphere shell
- 04:38 pm Bug #2099 (Closed): Parts of Milky Way texture (?) out of place
- 04:38 pm Bug #2189 (New): Transitioning out of solar system can cause a random "star" to shoot across the ...
- Tested in FE mode.
# Fly to earth
# back out and in of the solar system from various angles
- 04:36 pm Bug #2097 (Closed): Flying to body and then backing out of solar system causes another invisible ...
- 04:33 pm Task #2090 (Closed): Disable debug 's' key
- 04:32 pm Bug #2087 (Closed): Selecting and tracking a dim star breaks later flights
- 04:32 pm Bug #2086 (Closed): When you click on GUI buttons it clicks through to the sky as well
- 04:31 pm Bug #2084 (Closed): Mouse cursor often not visible when over areas of Settings window
- 04:31 pm Bug #2082 (Closed): Elara orbit line fades in/out with camera position
- 04:30 pm Bug #2078 (Closed): Atmosphere no longer toggles with keystroke or button
- 04:29 pm Bug #2070 (Closed): Earth and Mars draw strangely when time is sped up
- 04:29 pm Bug #2052 (Closed): Earth has odd behavior with orbit lines
- 04:28 pm Bug #2069 (Closed): Orbit lines flicker when turn off (should fade out smoothly)
- 04:27 pm Bug #2066 (Closed): No sun in the 3d starfield
- 04:27 pm Bug #2063 (Closed): 3D instanced stars can draw over FE camera from behind
- 04:26 pm Bug #2062 (Request Feedback): Planet halos eat holes in the constellation art
- Still having problems with halos eating into art (see example)
- 04:25 pm Feature #2060 (Closed): Splash screen should have a black background behind it to be professional
- 04:25 pm Bug #2059 (Closed): Segfault flying in from stars to Moon
- 04:24 pm Bug #2058 (Closed): No way to select nothing after select something
- 04:24 pm Bug #2056 (Closed): Do not seem to get moon shadows on planets in FE mode.
- 04:21 pm Bug #2111 (Closed): Clouds fade too soon WRT altitude
- 04:21 pm Feature #2187 (New): User configurable gamepad buttons and joysticks
- 04:20 pm Bug #2113 (Closed): Controller: Right thumbstick should control camera, left should control lat/long
- 04:20 pm Bug #2122 (Closed): User can easily fly into planets with controller and mouse
- 04:20 pm Bug #2186 (New): tracking object causes jerking motion when time is sped up
# Fly to a body
# speed up time
# select and track another object
Result: tracking system slowly slews t...
- 04:18 pm Bug #2130 (Closed): Tracking an object does not keep the object tracked causing it to shift out o...
- 04:18 pm Bug #2140 (Closed): Io orbit line blinks in and out of existence and has weird loop at leading edge
- 04:17 pm Bug #2145 (Closed): Regression: Can't select stars
- 04:16 pm Bug #2149 (Closed): Grids are accumulating in time lapse
- 04:14 pm Bug #2152 (Closed): Look At was removed from fly-to feature
- 04:13 pm Bug #2158 (Closed): Atmosphere no longer works when camera is inside it on PR3 (regression)
- 04:13 pm Bug #2160 (Closed): Regressions: flying to stars leaves the starfield
- 02:05 pm Feature #1081 (Resolved): Image loading and display
- Code complete for all coordinate systems (not yet merged to default).
This includes position, rotation, scale and al...
- 01:37 pm Bug #2185 (New): Io's orbit does not appear round near the planet the farther in the future you go
1. Fly to Io
2. Turn on Orbit Lines
3. Back away from Io so that you can see at least half of its orbit lin...
- 01:30 pm Bug #2164 (Closed): Mars orbit has a loop in it
- 01:27 pm Bug #2169 (Closed): When use mouse to select a star, often draws reticle in wrong location
- 01:27 pm Bug #2170 (Closed): If run windowed and then move the window the mouse cursor stops moving correctly
- 01:26 pm Bug #2172 (Closed): In the 3D starfield can not select stars correctly
- 01:25 pm Bug #2175 (Closed): Windows installer needs to detect previous installations and remove them befo...
- 08:46 am Bug #2184 (Resolved): 3D star bounding volumes do not match drawn radii
- Radii accessed from code is much larger than that drawn on screen.
This is preventing adjusting gamepad sensitivit...
- Demonstration script
Also available in: Atom